Windows resize move etc

Reaction score
I am not able to resize, move or select windows. If I try to use the arrows and bounding box to resize it may not work. Attempting to select with the marquee tool same. I was blaming Photoshop and LR, but it is the same all through out windows. All programs are updated. Latest drivers for Logitech(keyboard/mouse) NVIDIA drivers. I have uninstalled and reinstalled all drivers and can not solve this, any ideas? Thanks.

Regedit32

Reaction score
Hi Dirtnapper,

Welcome to the Forum.

Are you using a Desktop or Notebook?

Something you could check, regardless of what type of computer you are using is the following:
  • Press Windows Key + I, or click Start > Settings cog
  • In the Windows Settings, select System
  • On the left pane select Tablet Mode
  • Now on the right pane at the top, select the first Drop Arrow field and try selecting Use desktop mode

Let us know whether adjusting that setting improves things in terms of being able to resize a window, or move it.

Regards,

Regedit32

Reaction score
Using a desktop, I have tried that a few times already. My two laptops are fine and don't have this issue.

Regedit32

Reaction score
Hmm ok.

If you click the Notification icon on the System tray (right side of taskbar), do you have Tablet mode enabled?

If you do, then turn it off, because you cannot resize application frames while in this mode.

Reaction score
Hmm ok.

If you click the Notification icon on the System tray (right side of taskbar), do you have Tablet mode enabled?

If you do, then turn it off, because you cannot resize application frames while in this mode.
Tablet mode is off in the System tray area as well as in Settings.

Regedit32

Reaction score
Do you have any third party applications installed?

Also, in Settings, go to Ease of Access then on left pane select Mouse. Is the button which allows you to use keypad to move mouse toggled to On? If not, turn it on, and see whether that makes any difference.

Reaction score
Do you have any third party applications installed?

Also, in Settings, go to Ease of Access then on left pane select Mouse. Is the button which allows you to use keypad to move mouse toggled to On? If not, turn it on, and see whether that makes any difference.
AH! You might be on to something...I disabled the arrow keys and I seem to be able to move layers up and down without issues, trying to move open images is still tricky as if the mouse can not get a grip on frame. If I hold "SHIFT" while clicking on the frame it moves, bounding box the same. Thanks, getting somewhere!

Ask a Question