Windows Search Inconsistencies

Reaction score
I have noticed many inconsistencies in Windows 10 search. Example, if I type the words "powershell" in the search box, the results return 4 choices. Typing the word "power shell" results return 2 choices.
Can anyone explain the differences in the menus "Power Shell, "Power Shell (86) "Power Shell ISE (86) and "Power Shell ISE" o_O

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Anything with (86 or x86) after it, would likely be the 32 bit version of whatever application you are looking at (in this case PowerShell) without the x86, one might assume the 64bit version of same.
Typically when you see IxE, the I stands for Integrated and the E stands for environment.
Like IDE when it comes to programming applications stands for Integrated Developers Environment or Integrated Development Environment
So ISE when it comes to a scripting language editor stands for Integrated Scripting Environment.

OR at least, that's the way I understand it.

Reaction score
Trouble Thanks for the explanation. Whether right or wrong now I have a betta understanding.

Reaction score
Microsoft seem so de-fragmented when it comes to Win 10 operating features ie.menu's, windows search verbs/nouns, command prompt or power shell, control panel or settings, hiding commonly used admin tools.
Hopefully, the October update will address the outstanding isssues, we all may be on a learning curve come October 31st Redstone Trick or Treat. LOL

Ask a Question