Windows Update Issue

Reaction score
I've been trying to update my Windows 10 since last two days but it drops an ERROR 0X80070652 every time I try to update my WIndows. I've tried restarting it and still can't get anywhere near to fix this problem. Help me out please.
Thank you.

Reaction score
I had that problem ran the windows update trouble shooter and all was good

Reaction score
you can use the troubleshooter:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4027322/windows-update-troubleshooter

or try this first:
2018-10-27_064601.jpg

Reaction score
I've been trying to update my Windows 10 since last two days but it drops an ERROR 0X80070652 every time I try to update my WIndows. I've tried restarting it and still can't get anywhere near to fix this problem. Help me out please.
Thank you.
Hopefully, the troubleshooter will repair you problem. But the error code meaning is below. Restarting will usually finish prior installs, but if you have not shut all the way down, you might try.

Otherwise, what version of Win 10 are you running and do you show any recent updates and the KB numbers

ERROR_INSTALL_ALREADY_RUNNING
1618 (0x652)
Another installation is already in progress. Complete that installation before proceeding with this install.

Reaction score
This usually happens when Windows update tries to update but Windows Defender and the Malicious Software removal tool get updated/ installed first. Let them finish then try updating again. Windows is a system which needs A LOT of patience.....

Reaction score
Thankyou so much guys for your time. After posting my problem here, I started to look for the solution myself and landed on earthslab. It also suggested me the troubleshoot option for fixing this error just like most of you guys did but it didn't help, then I had to do a system restore, again suggested by the same website and finally my system is updated and running well.

Ask a Question