SOLVED Windows update problem

Reaction score
Since windows10 updated yesterday, I've noticed that when I go to shut down on my desktop, it goes a bit haywire. The shut down/restart flickers all over the place?.What I wondered is, if this problem continues, there are two buttons on to of the desktop and another. Would the second one crash it or shut it down like a laptop.

Reaction score
Really need help help guys, if I open and photo in microsoft related or try and shut down, the choices just keep moving up and down

Reaction score
Yeah I thought about that as I keep getting unwanted app and I don't which one..Thanks for the reply

Reaction score
Which unwanted app do you keep getting? I know some of the free games like Candy Crush get automatically downloaded.
Is the app from the MS App Store or from the internet? If from anywhere other than the App Store then I’d check for malware.

Reaction score
Right un installed the latest update, hope that stops the flickering effect I kept getting when I want to shut down or open a picture.
It never tells me which app it is that's unwanted. I've checked with malware bytes and that doesn't find anything untoward

Reaction score
Funnily enough, I removed the last update but the problem of shutting down has returned. If I use anything microsoft related, the option boxes just go from one to the other up and down rapidly, making hard to do anything till I shut the pc down completely.
Just done an offline and online scan and it finds nothing.

Last edited:
Reaction score
That sounds like a keyboard problem - perhaps the arrow keys are stuck.
If you remove the keyboard is it still the same?

Reaction score
I'll check later, at the moment I'm using my laptop which it doesn't do it. So I wonder if it isn't a windows problem, I did have to move my desktop a few days ago, maybe that's done something. I'll unplug everything with a usb cable on it and plug them back in and see what that does.

Ask a Question