Windows XP in VM in windows 10

Reaction score
I have installed Windows XP in a VM on windows 10. My question is, It was installed using the original disk that I purchased.

How can I get around the constant question (do you want to a activate this) ? There is no place to activate it. No response from windows. When I installed it I entered the code that came with the disk.

In a few days what is going to happen to the program. Will I lose the ability to use windows XP.

I have one program that I want to use it for. I do not plan to go online with this VM.

Reaction score
If you still have the key, you might be able to use the activate over the phone method. Last year I was able to do this for a friends laptop. Not sure it still works but worth a try. When you go through the activation process there should be an option to activate by phone.

Reaction score
If you still have the key, you might be able to use the activate over the phone method. Last year I was able to do this for a friends laptop. Not sure it still works but worth a try. When you go through the activation process there should be an option to activate by phone.
I still have the key will give it a try tomorrow.

Reaction score
there are plenty of reasons for do that (speed, energy costs, old software needed but no budget for new HW for old OS, testing of something, ...) :)

for Me it would be a option to carry it on USB stick - whole quick PC - XP is possible to build so small and then it is possible to have it always "in pocket" and run and make snapshots...

Ask a Question