Wireless Connection wont on

Reaction score
I was update my windows, after that i turn off then turn on my laptop and then my wireless connection couldn't on even i tried to restart and try to click on, it cant be on, how to fix this things? I really need to connect to internet ASAP

sorry for my english, im not that fluent

Reaction score
You have rebooted all your devices?

What type of symbol do you show in the tray area for the wireless connection? When you left click the wireless icon do you show any available networks?

Make sure there is not some switch (keyboard or hardware) to turn off your wireless which may need to be reset.

Reaction score
Yes, i did
there's X simbol on wireless connection symbol
it wont show any available networks when its off
There is no switch like that on my laptop and i did reseta few times
You have rebooted all your devices?

What type of symbol do you show in the tray area for the wireless connection? When you left click the wireless icon do you show any available networks?

Make sure there is not some switch (keyboard or hardware) to turn off your wireless which may need to be reset.

Reaction score
The X would seem to means your wireless adapter or what it is connecting to is not working. If you know your router is working, check the wireless adapter. Type ncpa.cpl in a Run box to open the connections dialog. From there you can try diabling and then re-enabling the adapter. If that doesn't work you can use some of the other options to Diagnose or see what type of IP address it is picking up.

In some instances, manually adding an IP address will "prime the pump" and allow for the adapter to find its own IP address when you go back to automatic.

If none of this works, you might need to uninstall the device in Device Manager and then reinstall the driver. Make sure you have a current driver for the device downloaded and then uninstall the adapter and check the box to uninstall all drivers. Windows may try to load its driver, but if you can get your Win 10 driver loaded, it may go back to normal functions.

Can you tell us the make and model of the computer or the Wireless adapter installed?

Ask a Question