WLAN name

Reaction score
Hello

My computer connects to a WLAN with SSID Christel.
In the network and sharing center the network ID(?) includes a number (Christel 3), see screen shot.

What is the meaning of the value Christel 3
Where does the number 3 come from?
How can it be renamed?

christel.JPG

Thanks for your suggests!

Reaction score
Hi Lemkadem,

have a look in the network connections list to see if you have entries like "Local network", Private or Public, that might be the reason?????. :)

Reaction score
Hi Lemkadem,

have a look in the network connections list to see if you have entries like "Local network", Private or Public, that might be the reason?????. :)

There is no such thing like "local network". It shows the wireless LAN with again the term "Christel 3". The SSID is "Cristel", however.

nw con.JPG

So my questions remain the same.

Reaction score
I seems that someone very close to you with a very strong signal - has a private Wireless Network, that is NOT encrypted.
as anybody with a wireless can change the name as they please.
such as
1590008999778.png

Reaction score
Have you changed the WLAN password or did you create a new WLAN connection? Then the connections will be continuously counted.

Reaction score
take the IP and run "who is", Im sure your taking from a neighbor. or you can simply DELETE it remove from your system. If you did not make it (sure that it is not yours) simple hide it. and remove auto connect. and remember that really good Wifi Antennas in Desktops and Laptops will see many different wifi spots. they should be encrypted and you can only connect if you have the pass.
If your honestly that concerned go to all your neighbors and ask them if they named there wifi Christel 3. When I take my Tablet out back i have a total of 5 wifi spots, go out front and I have only 3.

Ask a Question