DELL WLAN + Bluetooth driver is not installing

Reaction score
Hi..
Dell WLAN bluetooth driver is not installing on my laptop . I found out that the same driver is working fine on my friend's laptop and i even used same driver for windows 8.1 previously..
While I install it ,it shows an error that "The installer cannot run on this platform...",,
I even tried refreshing my laptop but still it didnot work...
Please can anyone help me out fast...
Screenshot (5).png

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Try running the installer in compatibility mode.
Right click it and choose properties, select the Compatibility Tab, check the box that says Run this program in compatibility mode for:
And then select Windows 7 from the drop down box or maybe even Windows 8 (just experiment with the options).
You may also want to check the box while you're there that says Run this program as an administrator.

Reaction score
Try running the installer in compatibility mode.
Right click it and choose properties, select the Compatibility Tab, check the box that says Run this program in compatibility mode for:
And then select Windows 7 from the drop down box or maybe even Windows 8 (just experiment with the options).
You may also want to check the box while you're there that says Run this program as an administrator.

I tried this one but it didnot work.. It's still showing the same error... But thank you I learned a few more things..

Reaction score
Hmm. I'm a little out of ideas there!

How about uninstalling from the device manager, rebooting and see if the OS can pick up a working driver.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Can we assume that you are not the only person to have downloaded and installed the 32 bit (x86) version of Windows 10 and you are attempting to install 64 bit drivers or possibly vice versa?
I noticed that both the 1705 driver as well as the 1704 driver are both for Windows 8.1 64 bit.
AND
Dell Update Packages (DUP) in Microsoft Windows 32bit format have been designed to run on Microsoft Windows 64bit Operating Systems. Dell Update Packages (DUP) in Microsoft Windows 64bit format will only run on Microsoft Windows 64bit Operating Systems. When selecting a device driver update be sure to select the one that is appropriate for your operating system.

You say you have tried the 1705 driver referenced by davehc, did you also try the 1704 package also on that same page, it seems they both are suppose to work on your computer http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/19/Drivers/DriversDetails?driverId=J9WJY

Reaction score
Can we assume that you are not the only person to have downloaded and installed the 32 bit (x86) version of Windows 10 and you are attempting to install 64 bit drivers or possibly vice versa?
I noticed that both the 1705 driver as well as the 1704 driver are both for Windows 8.1 64 bit.
AND

You say you have tried the 1705 driver referenced by davehc, did you also try the 1704 package also on that same page, it seems they both are suppose to work on your computer http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/19/Drivers/DriversDetails?driverId=J9WJY

Yeah.. I tried 1704 too.... It is showing this error.. Bluetooth is on but still it is showing the same error...what does this mean...?
Screenshot (7).png

Reaction score
Hmm. I'm a little out of ideas there!

How about uninstalling from the device manager, rebooting and see if the OS can pick up a working driver.

Sir.. There is no Wifi driver to uninstall.. Should I uninstall bluetooth driver......?

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
what does this mean...?
My guess is that.....
somewhere on your laptop there is a switch (a physical button or slider) that you need to push in order to turn it on.
AND, it could be anywhere somewhere near the very top above the keyboard, on either edge (left, right or front) on either of the two front corners., etc., etc.

Reaction score
For normal use. you should always have airplane mode off. You can use connection devices with it on, but need to select each one individually.

I would suggest you leave it off, and work through your usual procedure again, for establishing wireless and, if not successful, go through the suggestions in this thread again.
I run several Dell computers and have had small problems in the past. One thing I found, which often solved it, was to update the Intel 8 series Chip set driver from the same Dell page to which I linked previously. The chipset, when updated, is able to communicate with the wireless and ethernet drivers, and , normally, correct any installation problems.

Reaction score
I have a solution for wifi drivers in win 10(dell 3537)

follow these steps
1.first extract the windows 8.1 wifi driver 1705 in a new folder
2.then go to device manager and double click the wireless controller
3.then appear a new window<click drivers<click update drivers
4.then browse the extracted 1705 drive folder and click next
enjoy all

it's really works I made it after long time k

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hey,I have a similar problem with my Dell Inspiron 3521.I can't see wireless icon anywhere even after pressing Fn+f2.I tried to install drivers downloaded from Dell website,but I am getting the same message like Activate bluetooth with wireless switch.Can anybody please show me a solution.Thank you.

Reaction score
FIRST YOU DOWNLOAD WINDOWS 8.1 DRIVERS FOR YOUR SYSTEM

FOLLOWING THESE 10 STEPS

please like if it is work

Attachments

• 1 s.jpg
    1 s.jpg
    110 KB · Views: 3,780
  • 2 s.jpg
    2 s.jpg
    125 KB · Views: 3,787
  • 3 s.jpg
    3 s.jpg
    238 KB · Views: 3,369
  • 4 s.jpg
    4 s.jpg
    208.5 KB · Views: 3,357
  • 5 s.jpg
    5 s.jpg
    108.7 KB · Views: 2,962
  • 6 s.jpg
    6 s.jpg
    226.7 KB · Views: 3,401
  • 7 s.jpg
    7 s.jpg
    164.8 KB · Views: 3,435
  • 8 s.jpg
    8 s.jpg
    181.5 KB · Views: 3,410
  • 9 s.jpg
    9 s.jpg
    181.9 KB · Views: 3,301
  • 10 s.jpg
    10 s.jpg
    178.5 KB · Views: 3,362
Reaction score
Hey,I solved my problem yesterday by going to device manager,clicked the network adapters then found the driver installed in my laptop which is a sys file and ran it.The wireless is working again in no time.Thanks for the person who suggested that you should look for sys files on your computer.

Reaction score
Can you please tell me, what did you do? I have the same kind of problem with my dell....

Ask a Question