Wont sleep.

Reaction score
Since the last update my computer wont go to sleep when I leave it, I've tried changing the times even in advanced settings and saving, nothing. I did have a warning box at start up saying " C:\windows\system32\ui " which seems to have cleared itself, Any ideas guys?

Regedit32

Reaction score
Hi gaelldew,

Assuming your settings have a time set for computer to sleep after as you say you've done, you could try editing your power plan:
  • In your search field type power then from search results select Edit power plan
  • In the window that opens click Change advanced power settings
  • Now in the Power Options window expand the When sharing media key located below Multimedia settings
  • Left-click on the Prevent idling to sleep next to Setting: and use the drop arrow to select Allow the computer to sleep
  • Click Apply then click OK
Sample image

Multimedia.png

Reaction score
Hi Regedit, thanks for that info but, I'm afraid it didn't work, tried it a couple of times with no luck so set the sleep to default mode, nothing, so tried your method and still wouldn't sleep. Any further help would be appreciated.

Last edited:

Regedit32

Reaction score
Ah that's a shame. I was thinking perhaps media is running in the background of your computer. Hence the suggestion. There must be something else running that is preventing the sleep state.

Have you looked at what Scheduled Tasks are running on your computer?

Search box: type task scheduler

Perhaps a third party app you've installed like an antivirus program has a running task which prevents the sleep state.

Ask a Question