Wrong location

Reaction score
In Firefox I googled "pizza." The Google suggestions are from my old location, 1,200 miles away from my current permanent location. IE also reports suggestions from my old location.

Edge locates me correctly. Because Edge locates me correctly, Google assures me that this is not a Google problem. I fixed "Use precise location," but even with updating the location, the location is still wrong. Is this a Windows 10 problem, a Firefox problem, or a problem with both Windows and Firefox? And how do I correct it? Am I missing or have I incorrectly set a Windows 10 setting?

Reaction score
gogreen You don't mention how you set up your location. Have you attempted to use another search engine? You can view location (I've never used it) activity in Event Viewer > custom views > location activity

Reaction score
Thanks, Norton. Sorry for being thick about this, but how do I get to location activity in the event viewer? I see no headings or labels for "location activity."

Google = wrong location
Bing = correct location
DuckDuckGo = No local suggestions

Reaction score
I aplogize, the path I gave you is for Win 7.
Win 10 "Location" is accessed by going into settings > Privacy > Location & camera. Alternatively, you could type the word "Location" in the search box/cortana and it should display location/default settings. My location is correct, I live in Canada and use Windows default location "United States"
I find it strange that Google is wrong, yet Bing is correct. It seems that you have the correct location settings. This may help? Maybe the nearest Pizza is 1,200 miles away LOL
BTW; If I type in Pizza, Google displays the nearest locations to my home.

https://www.howtogeek.com/244487/why-windows-10-is-saying-your-location-has-recently-been-accessed/

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Assuming that other location centric apps work and identify your location properly like (maps and weather) then I think the problem is not likely Windows 10.
I'm guessing that third party programs would need to use the appropriate APIs to sync where your computer thinks it is with its' particular application.

Reaction score
Hi gogreen,

I am in Germany but have my location set to the UK, @Norton's suggestion is the best option imo!. :) You just need to set the default to your liking!. :)

Ask a Question