SOLVED YouTube won't show on firefox

Reaction score
Hi, I'm new to windows 10 having migrated from a Mac (XP was the last windows I used regularly).
I installed Firefox browser but Youtube won't show video, ...only sound. as you can see from the screenshot ...not even a dark screen, ...just no video. ...and yes, Youtube shows fine on Microsoft Edge. I'm curious if this is just a windows problem, ..a Firefox problem, ..or just something I've overlooked.
youtube.png

Reaction score
Are you able to play videos on any other sites other than YouTube in Firefox?
If yes try refreshing the Firefox by reinstalling or updating it to latest version.
If no, try installing adobe flash player and enable it in Firefox.

Reaction score
Thanks for getting back. It's latest version Firefox quantum 60.0.02.
Videos run fine on vimeo and facebook.
I've installed Flash player and it's on the task bar on Firefox browser.
As you see from the above attachment, the video is missing (not even a blank screen) but the title and like bar and comments are there, .. as is the sound of the video, so it's playing but hidden somewhere..
I havent deleted and re-installed Firefox yet, ...i'll try that if there's no other options...

Reaction score
Have you tried to create a new profile yet? Just a blank profile without any extensions, addons, and so on.

Reaction score
Thanks Guys, .... I created a new profil and it did the trick. ...Still confused as to why, ...but good advice from you.

Reaction score
Now you can transfer your bookmarks etc to the new profile.last but not least install the extensions you had one at a time and check if youtube still works...

Ask a Question