11b Printer error

Reaction score
hi

I have read lots of listings about the 11 b Printer error and how to fix it, but none work.

have done all stated below except the Registry at the Client end has no entry for "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows NT\Printers\PointAndPrint" and other variations I've looked such as ..............\Windows NT\Printer:

Open the Windows Registry Editor (open Run, type regedit) and navigate to the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Print, create a new DWORD-32 bit value named RpcAuthnLevelPrivacyEnabled, and set it to 0. (You can download the attached reg file below).

Then restart the server.

- At the client:
Open the Windows Registry Editor (open Run, type regedit) and navigate to the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows NT\Printers\PointAndPrint, create a new DWORD-32 bit value named RestrictDriverInstallationToAdministrators, and set it to 0. (You can download the attached reg file below).

Then restart the client, the problem should be solved.

I can see the local printer across the network attached to the PC, but will not connect (can't see it even though it knows its there)

1640925141501.png

also added RpcAuthnLevelPrivacyEnabled:

1640924936473.png

This use to work, but have to reinstall Windows and now can't do anything.

Attachments

• 1640924977975.png
    1640924977975.png
    87.6 KB · Views: 42
Reaction score
I would begin troubleshooting by reversing the two registry alterations back to default. Altering anything in the registry can lead to a disaster. Also, subsequent accumulated updates often replace the whole registry.

Have you looked at the client computer, network settings, to ensure permissions have been granted.

Reaction score
I would begin troubleshooting by reversing the two registry alterations back to default. Altering anything in the registry can lead to a disaster. Also, subsequent accumulated updates often replace the whole registry.

Have you looked at the client computer, network settings, to ensure permissions have been granted.
The PC which has the attached printer in the network has "everyone" and granted "print privileges". The network on both sides has sharing permissions. Of note is that other PC in the network can read the the PC with the printer attached can print, but not the one I'm trying to install the printer on. Keeps saying name and P/W is wrong, but I know its not and all the requirements for sharing are the same as on other PCs.

Ask a Question