3 Windows Insider rings

Reaction score
Microsoft has introduced a new ring named the Windows Insider Release Preview ring for both PC and mobile. The Release Preview ring will focus on Insiders that want to stay on the Current Branch (currently builds based off of 10586), but continue to receive early access to updates, application updates, and driver updates.

The 3 Windows Insider rings are:
  • Fast – Best for Insiders who enjoy being the first to get access to builds and feature updates, with some risk to their devices in order to identify issues, and provide suggestions and ideas to make Windows software and devices great.
  • Slow – Best for Insiders who enjoy getting early access to builds and feature updates, with less risk to their devices, and still want to provide feedback to make Windows software and devices great.
  • Release Preview – Best for Insiders who enjoy getting early access to updates for the Current Branch, Microsoft applications, and drivers, with minimal risk to their devices, and still want to provide feedback to make Windows devices great.
https://blogs.windows.com/windowsex...review-build-14267/?OCID=WIP_r_12_Body_Latest

Reaction score
I may try the release preview on my Lumina 635*. But I'm not interested in the slow or fast ring.

*That is if it is available for mobile.

Reaction score
I am in the Fast circle and getting the updates on my laptop (where the preview is) but I did not get the announcement and the list of changes.
I understand that the preview version will only the valid until July 29. What happens after that?
My laptop still has Windows 8.1 and I would like to keep it this way but if the preview version expires I will have to upgrade?

Reaction score
This has been changed the 3 rings are to the far right-Fast in the Center-Updates- To the far left Slow.

Strike the above. It has now with this build been changed to Fast at the far right and slow to the far left.

I may go back to Windows 7.:(

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Once you've gone PC Insider you're looking at Redstone only preview releases, there are no more Threshold preview releases only Cumulative Updates
ON a phone, mobile insider previews are diverging
Like I just got 10586.122 on my Windows 10 phone (Lumia) which is a threshold build, but....
My other Windows Phone Alcatel OneTouch Fierce XL is eligible for a Redstone preview along with a few other Lumia Models that Microsoft has designated.
So the third ring or middle ring is for phone users who wish to continue to receive mobile build previews only on the Threshold releases and not go over to Redstone.
At least..... that's the way I understand it.

Ask a Question