SOLVED 30 Seconds Over The Desk Top

Reaction score
The Task Bar and the Desk Top Refresh themselves every 30-60 seconds. When this happens I lose things like any photos I may be working on or documents or my computer files. They don't dissapear from the files, but I have to re-open the file each time. It takes about 40 seconds to refresh. Also loser my cursor if I'm writing anything including this posting and emails. I then have to reposition where I was writing and click a new cursor in before I can continue writing.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Are you perhaps using a slide show as your desktop background?

Reaction score
I didn't activate a slide show background. I wouldn't know how to do so. How do I check?

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
I didn't activate a slide show background. I wouldn't know how to do so. How do I check?
Start Button -> Settings -> Personalization -> Background
Choices are Picture or Solid Color or "Slide Show".

Reaction score
I was able to check on the slide show issue. The Desk Top isn't set up to run a slide show. The task bar refreshes and I lose whatever I may be working on such as settings. I can only have access to the control panel for a few seconds.

Reaction score
Why did you mark this thread SOLVED?
Between frustration, agrivation and unfamilar with how this Forum works I marked this problem as solved when I shouldn't have. I reposted the issue worded a bit differently in another thread. The problem still is ongoing.

Ask a Question