A dozen times a day - green screen - and I can't understad why.

Reaction score
I have a new Dell laptop. It's top of the line I am told. Pretty ,much every time I use Adobe InDesign CC I'll get the dreaded green screen at least once. MEMORY MANAGEMENT is what's listed as the reason. For 2 days now, this is happening all day long, even when Adobe CC is not being used. Now simply checking email has become greenscreen Russian roulette. It's made getting work done impossible.

The two errors I get are Memory Management and KMode exception Not Handled.

What is going wrong?

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Hello and welcome to the forum.
Backup all your critical data to an external resource because Dell is likely to want you to factory restore your computer.
AND
I have a new Dell laptop.
My suggestion is to immediately seek relief either from the seller or directly from Dell and have it repaired or replaced, which should be covered under the system warranty and free.

The memory management error could be indicating a physical problem with a memory module or a motherboard memory slot.
Even the Kmode exception, while normally a driver issue, it could be linked to your memory problem and just getting called out first in a cascade of events resulting in your crash.

Ask a Question