Activate Local Administrator home directory after activating the account.

Reaction score
I have nearly 140 endpoints that need to have the local admin account activated in order to run a site network assessment. The issue being the client doesn't want to invest in a server and Active Directory as it should be configured. My issue is not activating the Admin account on all the systems but populating the "C:/Users/Administrator" folder structure without having to manually log in or PowerShell runas.exe and manually type the password.
I understand writing a script using "runas.exe /user:Administrator cmd.exe" requires the password to be type manually for security reasons. Is their another method I could use in my script to active the home dir???

Reaction score
Windows 10 includes a built-in Administrator account that, by default, is hidden and disabled for security reasons. Sometimes, you need to perform a bit of Windows management or troubleshooting or make changes to your account that requires administrator access. For these reasons, you can enable the Administrator account and then disable it when you're finished.

Enabling the Administrator account using the command prompt is the quickest and easiest method.
  1. Open a command prompt as an administrator by typing cmd in the search field.
  2. From the results, right-click the entry for Command Prompt, and select Run as Administrator.
  3. At the command prompt, type net user administrator. The value for Account Active should say No
  4. Type net user administrator /active:yes. You should receive a response that the command completed successfully.
  5. Type net user administrator. The value for Account Active should now say Yes

Ask a Question