After start up , the HD runs at 100% for 10 to 15 minutes until it quiets down.

Reaction score
Several system files became corrupted and I could not correct them. I then performed a "fresh start" which seemed to cure corrupted system files but also deleted many non windows apps and programs (which I expected). The computer runs very well with no problems except that at start up and awake from sleep the hard disk runs at 100% for about 10 to 15 minutes and then quiets down until a restart or awake from sleep. You can see this on the performance monitor in the task manager. Yes I can access the task manager but it takes a minutes or more for it to come up (along with any other program I try to access) until the disk quiets down.

The computer is an Acer Aspire 5750z-4835
Pentium processor CPU [email protected] GHz
8GB RAM
64 bit OS x 64 based processor
Windows 10 Home
version 1709
OS build 16299.64

Reaction score
What antivirus program would you be running? Check the settings and see if "Run on start-up is selected. You could also disable all backgroubd apps that may be running and see if there's any improvement.

Ask a Question