All screens are small when returning from screensaver

Reaction score
I use a 32" LED TV as a monitor. I have for the last 4 years happily through Windows 7 and 8.1.

Since moving over to Windows 10 if I walk away from my desktop for an extended period my screen is switched off as I expect but, when i jiggle my mouse the screen wakes up okay but ALL my screens have been resized much smaller.

This effects Firefox (full screen), Skype and even my 4 screens on my Arduino microprocessor IDE.

I have my display setting to "turn off after 30 minutes" and "sleep" never. Strangely it has to be much longer than that for the effect to happen. If I go away for, say, 50 minutes. Come back, jiggle the mouse - everything comes back okay. But if I go away for 90 minutes or more, for instance, all the screens are semi minimised when I jiggle mouse and the monitor (TV) wakes up.
011.gif

Not earth shattering but very annoying to have to resize all my screens every time. I have checked all my settings (they are unchanged for years) and it never happened before I updated to W10.
076.gif

Reaction score
Same problem, here.

Related problem is Windows 10 doesn't remember size/position between runs. (Each time I run "File Explorer", for example, I have to move & resize it. In prior versions of Windows, it always reopened the way I last had it.)

Reaction score
Update: Changed all sorts of entries in the Registry, about 5 with 1024 or 768 in them.

Firefox not longer does it but Skype and the Arduino IDE still do it though.

So the problem is ongoing :(

Ask a Question