SOLVED AMD Graphic Driver

Reaction score
Hi all
Newbie coming in!! I have over the past couple of weeks been getting an error message pop up when I start up, it states (No AMD graphic driver installed or the AMD in not functioning properly). I am running a 64-bit os x64-based processor with AMD A10-5700 APU with radeon (tm) HD graphics 3.40GHz.

Can you advise on what action to take please.

Reaction score
Do you have a separate graphics card or is this graphics embedded on the mobo?
Or do you have both? Not uncommon and if so which are you using?

Reaction score
As i have only it the computer 10 months i assume it is the original embedded graphics card, and as far as i am aware i have not down loaded any other drivers

Reaction score
If AMD are anything like Nvidia if you download the software, called RED now, used to be Catalyst and install AMD drivers through that then Windows will stop downloading drivers for the Video. With Nvidia it is Geforce and seems to keep W10 from overwriting my display drivers.

Bif

Reaction score
If AMD are anything like Nvidia if you download the software, called RED now, used to be Catalyst and install AMD drivers through that then Windows will stop downloading drivers for the Video. With Nvidia it is Geforce and seems to keep W10 from overwriting my display drivers.
Hmmm...I wasn't aware of this..last time I attempted it I gave up in frustration and conceded defeat..I'll have to give this a try again and see what happens..thanks for the update!

Reaction score
With AMD it's called Crimson (and gaming evolved is the software that keeps drivers up to date). And I have no issues with Windows downloading drivers for it. On my Nvidia machine however. That's a different story. No matter what I do, Windows Update loves replacing my drivers.

Bif

Reaction score
If you download the AMD's auto detect utility, it will make sure you have the proper drivers.

http://www2.ati.com/drivers/auto/autodetectutility.exe[/QE]
I once again tried your suggestion with the AMD Auto-detect utility and as I surmised it said that I have the most up to date driver installed..
Are you suggesting to "force" the download of Crimson?..because that can be very detrimental to system performance in many cases.Before joining this forum I was always under the assumption that ALWAYS have the latest and greatest graphics driver,I was schooled otherwise since..if it worked for some that's great but I'm not taking any chances with mine..
thanks anyhoo for the suggestion!;)

Reaction score
You don't know until you try it. I'm a hardcore gamer, and I don't know of anyone having issues with Crimson. They had one bad driver, but that was quickly patched. And that only affected a few that had actual video cards (it interfered with a very few peoples fan profile). I test every single driver that comes out (including beta's). Most are helpful. Those that aren't get quickly replaced with an older version (which both AMD and Nvidia store backups of your older drivers in your C: drive). If someone wants the latest driver (not the trash that Microsoft pushes), either the auto detector, or gaming evolved is the best way to make sure you're running the latest. I use neither. The gaming forums always post when new drivers are out, long before either programs will.

Bif

Reaction score
You don't know until you try it. I'm a hardcore gamer, and I don't know of anyone having issues with Crimson. They had one bad driver, but that was quickly patched. And that only affected a few that had actual video cards (it interfered with a very few peoples fan profile). I test every single driver that comes out (including beta's). Most are helpful. Those that aren't get quickly replaced with an older version (which both AMD and Nvidia store backups of your older drivers in your C: drive). If someone wants the latest driver (not the trash that Microsoft pushes), either the auto detector, or gaming evolved is the best way to make sure you're running the latest. I use neither. The gaming forums always post when new drivers are out, long before either programs will.
Yeah..I'm not a gamer at all so since all works well for me I'LL fore go opening a can of frustration.

Reaction score
@BigFeet. The Nvidia works for me as you describe AMD works for you. New drivers when new games appear and they all work fine with W10. Windows, to my delight, has not attempted a driver download for graphics since August! I'd note that my video cards are simple regular cards not super powerful ones...I am not a gamer.

Reaction score
Yeah..I'm not a gamer at all so since all works well for me I'LL fore go opening a can of frustration.
In that case, when you find a driver that works, then stick with it. I wish I could do that.
@BigFeet. The Nvidia works for me as you describe AMD works for you. New drivers when new games appear and they all work fine with W10. Windows, to my delight, has not attempted a driver download for graphics since August! I'd note that my video cards are simple regular cards not super powerful ones...I am not a gamer.
Windows 10 auto updated my Nvidia card with the last major update. Since I did the Local Group Policy "fix", it doesn't auto update anymore, except that last major update. I still have to manually install them, as it always fails the first time if I let Geforce Experience do it.

Reaction score
Down loaded the AMD's auto detect utility, and it seems to have done the job for now!!!!!
Many thanks.

Ask a Question