Android USB connection again

Reaction score
I've tried every USB driver source i can find, all the cables I can muster, and when I connect my Nexus 7 (2013 LTE) table to my WIndows 10 system, I can see "Nexus 7" in the device manager, but I can't seem to point Windows 10 to a driver it will install. I get "Windows could not find driver software for your device."

I downloaded both the Asus and Google drivers, no difference.

What is the trick other than trying more cables?

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Hey Aaron.... welcome to the forum.
Try disconnecting the android device, then....
Open device manager and remove (uninstall) any reference to it.
Be sure to use View from the menu bar and select "Show hidden devices"
You'll want to check multiple locations so just start at the top or bottom expanding the various device groups, be sure to check "Portable Devices" and clean that area as well.

Reaction score
Trouble, I've looked, and I'm only finding it (after disconnecting and with show hidden on) under Other Devices.

I delete it with my tablet disconnected, reboot, and reconnect. Right back to where I was, Nexus 7 with a yellow exclamation icon under Other Devices, and no path I've been able to figure to a driver that will install.

I guess I can keep trying to find other cables.

Reaction score
Hi Aaron,

Right click on the yellow triangled Nexus7 icon and select' Update Driver Properies',
Select the 'Let me pick from a list of device drivers..'
Select the Android ADB (or at least android USB)
from there there should be a list of the Google USB Driver (if installed) in the left hand pane. Select that, and from the right hand pane probably select the Composite ABD device. Click OK. It will provide a warning, but that is fine.
The device should now show up as a ADB device under Android in Device Manager.

You should see the serial number of your nexus when you run adb devices now... Patch/Upgrade away!

Hope this helps,

Cheers,

Steve

Ask a Question