Aniversary update and Hyper-V

Reaction score
Ok- not sure if it was actually this update that has caused the problem or some other update along the way .. but I have Hyper-V active and running and 2 VMs installed and previously ALL working fine . I have a Win7Pro VM and Win XP Pro VM. The Win 7 VM is still fine and working normally .. but now I cant not start the Win XP VM .. I have attached the error .. it indicates a file has been removed .. but I didnt remove or change anything best I can tell

VFail.jpeg

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Looks like the problem is associated with your settings with respect to the CD drive you have selected for that particular VM.
Check the settings.
Has the drive letters changes on your physical optical drive since the update on the host machine?
IF you change it to "none" in the settings for that VM with the VM start?

Reaction score
ok - so, no re-assignment of the CD/DVD drive as far as I can tell was still D: .. but I deleted the drive from the settings and one error is reported now .. there seemed ot be an extra legacy network adapter present in setting also - I deleted this and it now seems functional .. THANK YOU!

VFail2.jpeg

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Glad you managed to figure it out.
Thanks for the follow-up.
Much appreciated.

Ask a Question