After aniversary update Norton Security Disabled

Regedit32

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum.

I use Norton 360 and like you received the cryptic notification that Norton is no longer supported with the new OS and that Defender was enabled. That in fact is not the case; although you can now run both Defender and Norton together if you wish.

To get mine going again, I opened Norton with the Desktop icon (although you could also do this by clicking Start then selecting Norton from the list of installed apps), then I ran a live update. This downloaded some updates. After that I right-clicked on Norton's icon in my System tray and selected enable for both the firewall and auto-protect modes.

I've not used Norton Security version however, I imagine the process would be similar if not the same.

It is definitely working because as soon as I did that the first thing Norton wanted to do was add itself to the Internet Explorer toolbar. I don't generally use Internet Explorer, but to test things I allow Norton to add the toolbar and the Safe Search features ( 2 of the 4 options it can add ) and both work fine in IE.

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
I was trying out the 30 trial version of Norton Security Deluxe before the Anniversary Update came out. I liked it a lot....light on the system like the good ole days of Norton.

Since the update, I've cleaned installed 10 and have been only using MS everything, except Edge....still don't like it. I haven't gone back to it at all.

Reaction score
How to enable the Norton Security?

Hi,

Sorry about the delay in responding! Please run the live update until you get the message "No updates available" and restart the computer, check if that fixes the issue. If the issue persists, download and run Norton reinstall tool from here www.norton.com/nrnr to reinstall Norton Security and let us know if that helps

Thanks
Charlie
Norton Support

Ask a Question