SOLVED Another Aniversary problems or 2

Reaction score
1 The update wiped out my sound card no sound or anything. Sound card is an Asus Supreme FXII riser card ws working fine before the update but now nothing.
2 The load times are now near 2 mins at least. I thought the machine had crashed
Why is it that these problems never seem to show up when it's being tested?

Any help please

Reaction score
Does device manager show the sound card is working? In Playback devices in the sound icon is the card selected there as the default device and do the test buttons work.

What do you mean by load times? Boot times? or the time after entering your password before the desktop comes up?

Regedit32

Reaction score
Hi David,
  • Right-click on Start
  • Left-click on Device Manager
  • Expand the Sound, video and game controllers
  • Right-click on your Asus Supreme and verify its still using the driver you had for it prior to upgrade

If it is still the same driver then click disable then click enable then reboot machine

Note: if after clicking disable it prompts to restart reject that and click enable then allow it to restart.

If its not the same driver then click Update driver software > Browse my computer for driver software > Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer and then select the correct driver and click OK

Then restart computer

The boot time will likely improve as this was a significant update and there may simply be a few background tasks associated with that update still doing its thing. If its still booting slowly in a few days time then we can look at that issue separately then.

Reaction score
Does device manager show the sound card is working? In Playback devices in the sound icon is the card selected there as the default device and do the test buttons work.

What do you mean by load times? Boot times? or the time after entering your password before the desktop comes up?

Yes the device manager shows the card there and working well I hope thats what it means by Hi definition audio device.
Fixed this problem by having to re d/load a win 7 64 bit WSoundmax driver driver from Asus and getting that to install. (On Win 10 this REALLY shouldn't happen.)

Boot times (the time it takes the computer to boot to password) are still way slower than they used to be by about 30 seconds or so. And I don't know why and then from Password to login still slower Nothing added and 3 things uninstalled and still slower Hmmm

Reaction score
I believe the pc is going to check for updates between password and desktop. Most days it will get a Defender update if you are running that.

My PC gets going instantly with its SSD C drive and then has to wait for D a 7200 rpm spinner to get going and a USB3 external drive.

Ask a Question