SOLVED Anniversary Update

Reaction score
My laptop is set to receive automatic updates, but as far as I'm aware it hasn't updated the Anniversary update....Do I need to add this myself or can I give it a miss altogether?

Reaction score
My laptop is set to receive automatic updates, but as far as I'm aware it hasn't updated the Anniversary update....Do I need to add this myself or can I give it a miss altogether?
My personal opinion avoid it like the plague. ;)

Reaction score
The Anniversary update you get will not be the same as the one I got on day 1. Yours will have the various bug fixes and updates since then which will probably make it a better and easier update.

Reaction score
This is an update to my original post above.....I'm trying to install the Anniversary update on my laptop, but for over four hours it's been stuck on 11% complete, surely this can't be right, so wondering if I ought to cancel the whole update?...also, I've checked my history updates and see that over the last week my automatic updates have tried and failed to install twelve updates for version 1607 (my version is 1511) Please can someone tell me how to delete these twelve failed updates from my laptop?

Reaction score
I've checked and my "Metered" connection is OFF.

My update history tells me that It's trying and failing to install updates "quote"...featured updates for version 1607 "unquote"... All the updates for my version 1511 are installing perfectly. so I can't understand why these other updates for version 1607 are trying to get installed when I don't have that version of Windows 10. I've tried to delete them but can't manage it.

Reaction score
I have two desktops which won't upgrade to 1607. I've got 2 laptops and one other desktop which have. Go figure - I can't. All the desktops ar HP Envys.

Reaction score
I have two desktops which won't upgrade to 1607. I've got 2 laptops and one other desktop which have. Go figure - I can't. All the desktops ar HP Envys.
My laptop problem was solved by a tech friend of mine who came to look at the problem. He found there was some update debris left on my laptop which hadn't cleared properly. He cleared this off for me and was then able to download the Anniversary 1607 version without any trouble. Perhaps it's possible you may have a similar problem - worth considering.

Reaction score
My laptop problem was solved by a tech friend of mine who came to look at the problem. He found there was some update debris left on my laptop which hadn't cleared properly. He cleared this off for me and was then able to download the Anniversary 1607 version without any trouble. Perhaps it's possible you may have a similar problem - worth considering.
Could you please describe the debri (eg., names of files) and where on the computer it was. (Perhaps you could phone him and ask him for a few words which you could post (and write them down before he hangs up!).

So many people have had the same trouble and would be glad to hear of a successful solution.

Thanks.

Ask a Question