Annoying Google pop-up

Reaction score
Hi,
Every time I access a site on Google I get a pop-up asking me to verify that I have read their terms and conditions and agree with them. No matter how often I accept or try to delete it, it invariably returns. Does anyone else suffer this and how can I stop it returninig? Thanks in advance for any help.

Reaction score
Hi technerd,

in Europe at least, a message about accepting Cookies pops up on every site you visit!. This is a legal requirement and there isn't a way around it. I delete Cookies every time I close my browsers, if you leave the Cookie option alone so it keeps the Cookies, that might solve the problem but cannot really say!. :cool:

Reaction score
Hi Wolfie. Thanks for your reply. I phrased my question very badly I think. The pop-up I keep getting is from Google asking me to verify terms and conditions, not from individual sites (I accept those as a maybe necessary nuisance). I just cannot get rid of the Google pop-up. Any suggestions on getting rid of that would be very welcome.

Reaction score
Hi technerd,

is this only happening with Google Chrome browser or do you have any other Google related apps installed?. If you are using Google Chrome browser, have you set it up so it remembers your account details?. have you installed any other extensions to it?. :)

Reaction score
Hi Wolfie. I use Firefox not Chrome, but does occur on some sites if I use Google. I can't eplain it. Thanks anyway.

Reaction score
Can you grab a screenshot of it? When exactly does it occur? On specific websites? Does it occur when you don't have a browser open?

Reaction score
Thanks for your email Bigfeet. The pop-up always occurs when I input the first site I want to browse. I get it on Edge and Firefox. I haven't tried Chrome. I'm posting a screeshot, hoping it might give readers a better idea of my problem.
Screenshot 2020-10-03 125713.jpg

Reaction score
Hi there,
Follow these steps to block pop up and notification from specific sites. You can also block them from all the sites. Try to remove cookies and cache of that site also.

1. On your Android phone or tablet, open the Chrome app.
  2. Go to the website you don’t want to receive notifications from.
  3. To the right of the address bar, tap More info or 3 dots.
  4. Tap Site Settings>Notifications.
  5. Choose Allow or Block.

Reaction score
Thanks for your email Bigfeet. The pop-up always occurs when I input the first site I want to browse. I get it on Edge and Firefox. I haven't tried Chrome. I'm posting a screeshot, hoping it might give readers a better idea of my problem.View attachment 12519
This is a standard Cookie acceptance message, it is a price to pay especially for using the web, afaik you cannot block this type of message in a standard browser!. :)

Reaction score
That is a standard cookie message, but shouldn't keep popping up if you've accepted the terms. The only thing I can think of is you may have cookies turned off for some reason. And you would have had to go in to settings and physically turned them off. Or if you have the browser set to clear cookies when you close the browser.

Reaction score
That is a standard cookie message, but shouldn't keep popping up if you've accepted the terms.
It does for me because i have my browsers set to delete Cookies when closing the browser. Each time i start a new browser session, I get the same messages again and again!. :eek:

Reaction score
Thanks to everyone who's posed a reply. I've tried all remedies but I guess I'm going to have to live with it.

Reaction score
Hi,
Every time I access a site on Google I get a pop-up asking me to verify that I have read their terms and conditions and agree with them. No matter how often I accept or try to delete it, it invariably returns. Does anyone else suffer this and how can I stop it returninig? Thanks in advance for any help.
in your settings you have clear all cookies and data when closing chrome on turn it off then it keeps relevant data like this annoying ts and cs from popping up

Ask a Question