Annoying Windows 10

Reaction score
Since I bought W10 Pro I’ve issues when using explorer. So what happens is, if I copy or cut a file from one drive to another and then click on the file I’ve just moved explorer shuts down, I then have to go to that file again and click on it to open it, the problem is the same even if I don’t click on the file until the next day. This never happened in W7 or W8 I have bought, all my windows are originals. Can some-one please help as it’s becoming annoying and very frustrating.

Reaction score
Hi, Wolfie,
This is my current version of Windows. I also update regularly.

Edition: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Version: 1703
OS Build: 15063.786

Reaction score
Hi Jurgen,

I would upgrade first and then get back to us, you have version 1703 and the current version is 1709, it may solve your problem(s)?. :)

Reaction score
Hi Wolfie,
Right as suggested I did upgrade,which gave me another problem, I couldn't left click on of my icons on the toolbar. This happened previously, to get round this problem I did a complete new install, so I can't understand what the heck is going on. I've attached a jpeg just to show I did in fact upgrade,but I have now reverted back to my previous version for obvious reasons.

Attachments

• New Version.jpg
    New Version.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 466
Reaction score
HI Jurgen,

what graphics card do you have and have you installed any drivers other than those provided by MS?. :)

Reaction score
Sorry to chip in. Your version is a little out of date. Several new ones since. I don't think it is relevant - probably will change with the updates, but your picture is quite different to mine.

Reaction score
Sorry to chip in. Your version is a little out of date. Several new ones since. I don't think it is relevant - probably will change with the updates, but your picture is quite different to mine.
Hi, yes I'm aware that it's out of date but when I update it I get another problem, which is when I select either the windows logo or cortana (or any other icons on my toolbar) and click with the left mouse nothing happens but if I right click then it does so something is obviously not right, so if I knew what it was I might be able to correct it and update the dam thing

Reaction score
Odd. Sounds like the mouse keys have reversed. Maybe, unlikely as it could be, you should have a look in settings - Devices - mouse and just be sure you have the left button as your primary?
Have you by chance a touchpad? That is a whole setup of its own.

Reaction score
No the mouse works fine, what I meant was that if you right click on the windows icon for example you can see the programs such as, Task manager, Disk management and settings etc, but if you left click you get the normal menu where the programs a you have are in alphabetical order, so I know the mouse works fine.

Ask a Question