W10 is slow and annoying

Reaction score
Ever since it started 'updating' itself my laptop is nothing more than an expensive paperweight. Loading pages in Chrome is unbelievably slow. In fact it's so slow some pages time out! I've tried so many techy/geeky fixes; from using the Task Manager to identify any problems, I've defragged and cleaned the registry and nothing works as it used to. I'm so sick of this.

Reaction score
Windows 10 works for me. I have had no problems. The final (Fall) release has certainly , but marginally, improved even the speed in operation overall.

Significantly, I read you have been "customising " the registry.
It takes fractions of a second to oas on boot up, so needs no "cleaning. I would suggest you reinstall and see how it works on its defaults.
Chrome is heavy on resources. Have try at the old IE or even Envy, which, maybe, is a little learning experience.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
What are the specs of your laptop? Windows 10 should be pretty zippy, even on modest spec machines.

Reaction score
My hasty typing "Chrome is heavy on resources. Have try at the old IE or even Envy, which, maybe, is a little learning experience. "

Of course, Edge.

Ask a Question