Any one know how to deal with this ANNOYING POP UP from GOOGLE

Reaction score
I get this pop up several times a day, even when I am using a program and never even open a browser. <<>>
https://www.googletagmanager.com/gtm.js?id=GTM-PXBZ7XZ

1600994238146.png

Reaction score
Hi John,

do you have Google Chrome installed?. I saw the word "Apache" in the link you posted which might indicate something to do with a server?, do you have a home network?. :)

Reaction score
No , no google chrome installed, On the one work computer I do not even have email running,
Just a standard ASUS ROUTER AC3100 RT-AC88U Extreme WIFI ROUTER
but I only use the gigabit lan connection not the wifi

Reaction score
Hi John,

what version of Win 10 do you have?, an upgrade might solve the problem as I really don't have another answer for you!. :)

Reaction score
Hi there,

This is How you can Stop Pop-Up Ads on Websites

1. On any device open Chrome.
  2. Go to a web page.
  3. To the right of the address ba and tap at settings.
  4. Tap privacy security and go to block redirects
  5. Turn on the block(Recommended)
You can also enter a specific site which id causing you the problem and directly block it from here

Reaction score
I do not use chrome only firefox its really not a pop up its a error message from our friendly spys at google..
1601384251878.png

Reaction score
Your title for your post says you do.

What browser are you using? In that browser, what search engine do you have set up to use.
As you see even in your reply it says NO, NO GOOGLE CHROME installed. and in my title it states the following >>>>>
Any one know how to deal with thi ANNOYING POP UP from GOOGLE
( Typo on the thi should be this, but no where in my title do I mention chrome ) Just mention GOOGLE POP ANNOYANCE

Browser is FIREFOX and search is BING

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
You have Google or Chrome on your PC some where.....otherwise you wouldn't be getting that "GOOGLE" pop up. I don't know what you have going on, on your PC. The script error is usually on the page you're viewing. The error clearly states www.googletagmanager.com....blah blah. Either you browser is corrupted or you have a browser extension causing havoc or a download that slipped in Chrome.

Reaction score
I have the same problem and have for a couple of years. It only happens when I run a java based program from interactive brokers and tradestation at the same time but not if I run only one of them. Doesn't matter if I have any browser open or not. I do use chrome though. Telling it to turn off script does no good.

Reaction score
I have never used backup and sync on this machine, nor the other machine that I have problems with. However, I do use Google Drive.
I use Malwarebytes and have for years. I use to use ccleaner some years ago but not on these two machines.
What's interesting is I decided to look into registry using run/regedit and it went right to the malwarebytes folder under software.
Thank you for the help. Will let you know if cleaner works for me.
John

Last edited:
Reaction score
CCleaner didn't work for me. But I used the free download.
.js says its a java error. Thinking I could uninstall Java and reinstall.
Thanks for the help.
John

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hi. MiniTool Partition Wizard make this problem. Go to process folder C:\Program Files\MiniTool Partition Wizard 12 and delete updatechecke.exe.

Reaction score
Hi. MiniTool Partition Wizard make this problem. Go to process folder C:\Program Files\MiniTool Partition Wizard 12 and delete updatechecke.exe.
absolute legend, thankyou so much, there are many many posts in various places regarding this very thing and not a single straight answer, you nailed it. thanks again

Reaction score
absolute legend, thankyou so much, there are many many posts in various places regarding this very thing and not a single straight answer, you nailed it. thanks again
No such file in my PC. Seems like this is a long issue with no viable answer.

Reaction score
No such file in my PC. Seems like this is a long issue with no viable answer.
I would suggest to go through the list of running programs just after a reboot. quit anything you are not absolutely certain about until it stops happening. I was going through this same process and googling ones I didn't recognize, that is how I came to this answer myself.
There is always a solution. something is calling on that javascript.

Reaction score
I can't explain it but I know where it comes from. Click on most any website, not all that I have tried represent; Go to view page source and you will find some form or this: "https://www.googletagmanager.com/gtag/js?.

Guessing that as long as you have chrome installed then this error will pop up.

< I would check this out, even if you do not have the program that this video refers to, you can still use this same method to find the source of the error.

Ask a Question