SOLVED Annoying round blurred orb in centre of start-up screen.

Reaction score
When my computer is booting up, the picture on the start-up screen is lovely & clear but there is also a round circle or orb in the middle of the picture that is totally blurred. The circle (orb) in the middle I am assuming is my profile picture for my computer and Skype and as shown above to the left of this post above my username. (Or is it something completely different to this?).

I wish to know two things:

1. How do I make the round (orb) picture in the middle so that it is not blurred?
2. Can I remove the round orb in the middle altogether? If so, how?

Appreciate an answer to this annoying phenomenon.

Thanks in advance

HB

Last edited:
Reaction score
1. use a picture with a much higher resolution. Windows scales it down to where it needs to be. I use an avatar in the size of 400x400px.
2. I do not think that is possible and if it is, I would not know how to remove it

your picture here is already magnified. The more you magnify a picture, the more blurry it gets....

Reaction score
I found how to do it in the end. I just went to, Start Menu > Settings > Accounts.

From there, I just clicked on the image that was clear and the blurred image changed to my clear, account picture in the middle of my start-up screen. Just thought this may be useful for anybody else who has experienced this problem.

HB

Ask a Question