Another cumulative update today

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
KB3081438
A bit unclear at this time as to what it actually addresses in the way of bug fixes, but it might be worth a try.
As if we actually had a choice in the matter.

Reaction score
Microsoft surprises Windows 10 users with yet another cumulative update on August 14th, only three days since the last update. The new update is described as KB3081438 and it’s the third cumulative update the company releases since launch.

The update is just rolling out to users and according to the company KB3081438 “includes improvements to enhance the functionality of Windows 10″, which also means that it addresses a number of undisclosed bugs, and it doesn’t include any new features.

In addition, the company warns “If you install a language pack after you install this security update, you must reinstall this security update. Therefore, we recommend that you install any language packs that you need before you install this security update. For more information, see Add language packs to Windows.”

According to the software giant every Windows 10 update is cumulative. Therefore, this package includes all the fixes previously released. If you have previous updates installed, only the new changes will download and install to your computer.

Earlier today, the company also issued a fix for the Windows 10 Store, problem that users reported was preventing them from updating existing and downloading new apps, but now it seems that the issue has gone away.

KB3081438 is available immediately, you can wait until the operating system downloads and install the patch automatically, or you can always go to Windows Update from the Settings app to manually apply the update, which also requires to restart.

Reaction score
And yet another this morning (actually late yesterday but I got it today).
KB3081444
They call it a cumulative update in the description but it seems to only address an problem with IE
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3081444

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3088903
Yeah i got them early morning.
Went on one PC straight away the second one had two attempts before installing.
Why does W10 take so long to download & install these updates its not that they are big files. :confused:

Reaction score
Had mine 3 days ago but will not install - message: 'we couldn't complete the updates, undoing changes ......... - it keeps trying but continues to fail and there is no way of stopping auto updates - a real pain - any suggestions

Reaction score
well get ready for more, I seen where some service release 1 was coming next week

Reaction score
Thats a bit early for a o.s. thats not been out long.;)

yeah now that I think about it, I think this was the last update Aug 1th that I read about. Oh well, I'm sure more "stuff" is on the way :)

---------------------
LOL I like that one "Life is like a toilet roll the nearer you get to the end the faster it goes" they say time flys when your havin fun, I guess I'm havin way too much "fun" lololol.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
still august 27th here for 4 and a half more hours

Ask a Question