SOLVED Another SCRIPT torture imposing on my computer... :(

Reaction score
[Desktop Dell Inspiron 560 4gb RAM; high speed cable; MS Windows10 64bit; Windows Live Mail 2012(awful!!!); MS Word Pro 2003; Mozilla Firefox; Avast AV; Windows Media Player; Adobe Reader; Adobe flash Player]

Hello, please someone help to get rid of this new infliction!!! Now I’m seeing this in all websites I open (it appears in a light yellow strip across the bottom of my screen on all websites I open!):

"Scripts partially allowed, 1/8 (shoebuy . com) <SCRIPT:> 64 | <OBJECT> 0 “Options...”

This stops me from interacting with the websites unless I ask for permission by clicking on “Options...” and sometimes even after clicking it just won’t let me work period!!!
I Googled this but no rational results! Who or what is it that impose their SCRIPTS on us dictating which websites are to be “forbidden” or which given “permission”!!! Please, please help!!! :(

Thanks ever so much!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Hi Adela, that sounds like a malware injection to me - it may be worth downloading the free version of MBAM from https://www.malwarebytes.org/ and see if it detects anything.

There's no reason that there should be a script relating to a shoe website running on every page you visit, so it's worth checking for an infection using that tool.

Reaction score
There's no reason that there should be a script relating to a shoe website running on every page you visit, so it's worth checking for an infection using that tool.

Thank you Ian, but in desperation I went to the add ons, looked for "Script" add on and killed it!!! lol! It hasn't appeared anymore thank goodness! It used to appear on ALL websites. I had scanned with MBAM, Superspy anti spy, and I have avast! and none dscovered anything. thanks again. :)

Reaction score
One note about Malewarebytes. The premium version is like 30 dollars a year. The premium does real time checking (meaning it stops you from being attacked). The free version will find the attacked after it hit your pc and will remove it. In other words premium stops it from getting on your pc and free removes it after it's on your PC.

Reaction score
Thank you very much it's good to know this. However, between avast AV and Firefox browser I noticed they catch the culprits before they have a chance for me to open them and they are free. I feel sometimes we pay for nothing, i.e. Free avast AV has been after me to upgrade, and when I did I discovered it was only for one of their several securities. It means the $29 or $39 (dont recall) I paid gave me only part of security. :)

Ask a Question