Another Slight Annouance with "People" and "Calendar"

Reaction score
It appears that both "People" and "Calendar" both pick up my old Hotmail and Gmail addresses and appointments, neither of which I use anymore, along with my current Gmail account. How can I eliminate the unwanted accounts as far as addresses and calendar appointments? I use my Hotmail account info only to login to Windows 10 and to access my files stored on SkyDrive. I only want to access my current Gmail contacts and appointments.

Michael

Ad

Advertisements

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Are the lync'd accounts not showing up in the Mail App "settings", allowing you to remove them?

Screenshot (1).png

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
If you click the account that you want to delete, do you not see this

DeleteGmail.PNG

Reaction score
If you click the account that you want to delete, do you not see this

View attachment 405
Yes. I can delete the unwanted Gmail account but no such option when I select which Hotmail which was the only one I tried earlier. I just assumed it was the same for all accounts. Will allow me to change account settings for Hotmail but not delete the account. I was able to uncheck the Hotmail calendar option and that took care of unwanted calendar dates but still seem to be getting email and addresses from Hotmail.

Michael

Ad

Advertisements

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
You won't be able to delete the Hotmail account that is associated with your MS User Account you're using to login to the machine with.
If you have to distinct and different Hotmail accounts.....
A. Make sure you are selecting the correct one and there is no associated user on the machine
and
B. Check the accounts with https://login.live.com as they might be linked, in which case you will need to unlink them and I've never done that but you may be able to find some help through Microsoft.
I'm not at all sure how simple or complex the solution might be as I've seen some people reporting difficulty do so in the past. It may be as simple as logging onto each account separately and checking "Devices" and seeing what might be listed there, but.... I suspect there is more to it than that.

Ad

Advertisements

Ask a Question