Antivirus/ Malware software for W10

T_J

Reaction score
I don’t have the facilities or expertise to test security software, so I use articles like PCMag ‘The Best Security Suites of 2017’ to help me decide. Article list PCmags 10 recommended security suites for 2017; suites listed had a 4 or better rating (out of 5). http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2369749,00.asp

I’ve used McAfee products since 2012. Currently using McAfee Total Protection. Bought McAfee LiveSafe to install when current subscription ends. Current Task Manager: 1% CPU, 0% Disk, 40% memory (mainly EDGE).
I used Norton products from 2000 to 2012, and had some problems with Norton (Drive Image 5 fixed my Norton problems), maybe they’re better now.

Last edited:
Reaction score
No they only have all the features for 14 days.

Check the link i posted real time protection expires AFTER 14 days. Also Anti-Exploit, Anti-Ransomeware, and malicious Website protection expire after 14 days. By real-time is means they stop the attack when it happens(prevents install). The free version removes with a scan after it's installed. This is true with most free anti-virus or malware software. That's why they have free and paod version.

http://www.ghacks.net/2016/12/08/malwarebytes-3-0-new-all-in-one-protection/

yes it expires after 14 days, FOR MALWAREBYTES !! It does NOT apply for AVAST!, AVG, Avira and many others...

Reaction score
I was only talking about Malwarebytes. Which is a different category fro Avast, AVG, Avira and the other virus software. Avast is a 30 day trial, AVG has a limited free version and Avira gives you more than the rest for free.

Reaction score
I would not use Panda at all as it is one of the worst. Immunet is a cloud based AV software, so for it to work, an internet connection is needed (it does not store the definition files on the computer but in the cloud).

I'd rather use the free versions which I currently do with Avast (for several years now), never had a problem.

Immunet can work as offline too - with the built in option of ClamAV engine.

Ask a Question