Article about Kapersky and W10

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
A little cheese with that whine would seem appropriate.
While personally I think that Kaspersky, along with Eset make very fine third party antivirus products, there is always the possibility as with any third party software that it can cause issues that are sometimes very difficult to sort through.
I'll stick with Defender and Malwarebytes Premium until something convinces me that one or the other are not capable of protecting my computer.

Reaction score
Hi all,

Would like to add some thoughts.

I believe Kaspersky has some valid points, especially where Windows 10 will remove incompatible A-V software and set itself as the default security option . Also thought the Win 10 window for notification on updating incompatible security software was limited.

I currently use Kaspersky Internet Security. I have compared Windows Defender against KIS and other third party security vendors at this site and have found a properly configured KIS to offer superior protection. AV-Test.org does not give Defender very good protection ratings. Win Defender is baseline.

I also use Malwarebytes Free version as a second opinion. A great program. I have also used ESET, Trend Micro, and Norton AV for many years. All very good choices. I have luckily not had any bad experiences since 1997 using any of these vendors. Reticent to rely on Defender based on the above site test comparisons and real time checks at the other site.

Win 10 is a pretty secure operating system. The smart screen filter works well.

Jaco

Last edited:

Ask a Question