Article Discussion

Reaction score
Is it a deliberate intention that threads cannot be posted in this section (Article Discussion). I can see, so far that the section is building a selection of tutors, very welcome, compiled by yourself (Ian). Query is, how to we actually comment on articles, in this site, in that section?

Reaction score
If the forum is to remain locked, then perhaps a sub-forum within can be created for submissions by anyone.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
That forum is basically a repository for the automatically created discussion threads that are attached to each article - with the intention that comments are posted in the comments thread relating to each article. For example, for you click on one of the articles (i.e. https://www.windows10forums.com/articles/change-desktop-background.5/) you'll see the "discussion" tab at the top that will let you comment in the linked thread. If I opened that forum up, the comments on the articles would no longer be linked.

If the forum is to remain locked, then perhaps a sub-forum within can be created for submissions by anyone.

It's possible to submit an article directly by using the "add article" button on the article main page (https://www.windows10forums.com/articles/) :). It puts them in to a moderation queue so that spammers can't get an article on the site, but also means we can check before it appears so that we can make sure it's of a good quality and not copied/pasted content (which would get the site in to trouble). It would be great to get other tutorials added by members too :D.

Reaction score
Yes, Ian Please do that. Feel free to correct any spelling or omissions.

Ask a Question