Article Ideas

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I've just added the first article to the site, with hopefully many more to come!

If you've got any ideas for an article that you'd like to see, please do let me know in this thread and I'll see what I can do. Alternatively, if you've got an article of your own that you'd like to publish, drop me a message :D.

Reaction score
After the upgrade of Win 8 to Win 8.1, a lot of users are unable to use the Refresh or Reset options. They just do not work. I am one of the victims and luckily I have Image Backup to fall back on.

If you have a test machine, would you please find out if Refresh and Reset are working and if yes, give use a step by step tutorial ?

Thank you.

Reaction score
An article for ClassicShell (assuming it is compatible with Win10). I will not support the colored squares no matter how they are implemented.
An article on an Aero substitute, if you can find one this early in the game.
An article on F8 removal, since I never dealt with Win8. I have no clue as to how to get into safe Mode, when you can't get into Windows itself. F8 doesn't work anymore.

These will be needed update if I am to use Windows. MS can shove these abstract squares and bland color schemes where the sun doesn't shine.

Reaction score
Just posted this in the forums. After looking at it, I thought it might be worthy of an article?

Disk cleaner can be considerably enhanced, if you desire. As a result of a link posted on another site, I got hold of this and added a bit of my own.

In the "run" box (Right click the start and select) Type cleanmgr /sageset:50
You will be presented with a long list of items which can be deleted..
Select as you wish, and press enter
Now you must enter a slightly different command cleanmgr /sagerun:50
OK. It will take a while and then you must reboot the computer.

This may seem awkward, you can automate it however.
You can avoid the double "run" option like this:
Run the first command, cleanmgr.exe /sageset:50 and set your options and click OK to save.
Open a notepad and type cleanmgr.exe /sagerun:50 and save it as .bat or .cmd file to a convenient place (Desktop? or even in the start menu)

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Cheers Dave, I'll check it out in the week and see if we can add it :)

Ask a Question