How can I search for a article that's been created here on the forum?

Reaction score
Hi I would love to post articles that have been created here on this forum, but I don't want to search through all of them to find the one I want to post on a members thread, where I'm trying to help them with a issue.
Suppose I want to post a article about sfc /scannow. How can I find that article here. I've tried search, but so far I haven't had much success. Thanks

Last edited:
Reaction score
I put sfc /scannow in the Search box and got a list of posts with the term, 83 going back
to the first on Nov 5, 2014. It's critical to being relevant by checking the date of the posts, most times a problem that is several weeks or months old has been solved, the user has left the forum or the computer has been junked/replaced.

Reaction score
Most forum search engines are clumsy. Most search by author or title only.
Word association (sfc, ssd, bios) would be nice. Even with word association I don't think it would be any easier, you would still have to wade through thousands of posts. You may have better luck using advanced and searching by team members/forum.

Reaction score
There are better Forum software packages out there. Simple Machines SMF 2 and the one that Digital Home Canada uses are both better for searching... not a huge amount but better

Regedit32

Reaction score
The Article Section has a number of categories which you'll see on the left side of page.

If you are searching for a specific article it would help to reduce search results by first selecting the Category the topic you are seeking is likely to be located in, then in the search field on top right side, enter your search item, and check the box about search Descriptions only to reduce the chance of getting a long list of Article discussion threads that may contain the key words you are searching for.

With regards to the System File Check and the flag /SCANNOW I don't believe anyone has composed an article on this topic. If you'd like to create an article on the topic please feel free to do so.

Ask a Question