ASUS U43F Crash

Reaction score
ASUS U34F Laptop has been left in the dust when Microsoft released Windows 8.1. Windows 8 runs fine on this I5, 4G, 1TB Laptop with Intel Graphs and Intel WiFi.

Windows 8.1 Crash on clean DVD load as does ever Windows 10 Build.

This Laptop was a BestBuy special from ASUS and so far No One (Microsoft, ASUS, or BestBuy) has taken much interest in resolving the Issue. This was a $1,000 Laptop that came with Windows 7 and Upgraded to Windows 8 with no problems.

Update beyond Windows 8 has resulted with instal crashes due to BIOS/Device driver issues. The Latest Ubunt runs Fine.

The latest instal on Windows 10 Build 10074 results in "SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTON_NOT_HANDLED".

Since it is Microsoft Software after Windows 8 that does not install can Microsoft fix the issue?

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Interesting and frustrating.
These issues that you've described usually come down to driver problems. Firmware (BIOS) make sure you have the latest, or other drivers such as Chipset, VGA, Audio, LAN, Wireless, etc.
Looking here http://support.asus.com/download.aspx?SLanguage=en&m=U43F&p=3&s=263&os=8&hashedid=DDYODBVDy72otwY4
The latest drivers I can find seem to be for Windows 7
For driver's other than the BIOS, that may leave you to actually going to the actual device manufacturer's website and acquiring the drivers specific to your particular device.
Like intel for your chipset, VGA, disk controller, etc.,
They have a downloadable utility http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support/detect
which will help sometimes but if not you'll need to use their Download Center page http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support/detect to obtain the critical drivers.
Do not ignore the drivers for
Intel Rapid Storage Technology driver
Intel(R)_Management_Engine_Interface
AND from the ASUS page make sure you have
ATKACPI driver and hotkey-related utilities
Installed.

Reaction score
Have you tried the latest build 10130?
No I have not found a ISO file for 10130 build 10074 is the latest.

I have the latest BIOS 216 as to device drivers I am doing a clean install so they should be on the ISO disk for windows 10.

Reaction score
So exactly what have you tried?

Win 7 -> Win 10?
Win 7 -> Win 8 -> Win 10?

If it crashes on the Win 8 -> Win 8.1 upgrade, perhaps upload the crash dump file. It might prove useful.

But yea, Build 10074, annoying. You would think that they would release the ISO for the latest build.

Reaction score
So exactly what have you tried?

Win 7 -> Win 10?
Win 7 -> Win 8 -> Win 10?

If it crashes on the Win 8 -> Win 8.1 upgrade, perhaps upload the crash dump file. It might prove useful.

But yea, Build 10074, annoying. You would think that they would release the ISO for the latest build.

Reaction score
Take a look at this thread
can't update to 8.1 0xc1900101-0x2001

Dated October 17 2013.

Many people have worked with Microsoft and the answer was BIOS Issues and ASUS said no update to BIOS after 216

I just tried clean ISO load from DVD of Build 10130 same error code as Build 10074.

Install crashes after drawing the first two dots of the install circle.

Ask a Question