audio issues after build 10041 today

Reaction score
i have been using generic samsung ear buds plugged into the front of my PC everything was working great. today after i came home i notice it had updated and when i tried to play music or a youtube video there is no sound it is live the pc does not even see them?? anyone else have this or no of a fix?

Reaction score
Hi!
Yes, I have the same problem with Realtek High Definition Audio. Driver re-installng fixed it.

Reaction score
Only had to start the audio service to get sound on my old gaming PC. My tablet on the other hand, has been a nightmare. It prompted to start the audio service. No problem. Still no sound. Attempted to install the original realtek drivers (which worked on previous win 10 version) locks up on install. Downloaded latest drivers. Gets almost through the install process, the gives error and shuts down. Now trying to install through windows updates, but sitting at 0%.

Reaction score
Ok, the difference between my tablet and my old gaming PC is the tablet if realtek, and the PC is VIA. The VIA audio just needed the the windows audio service restarted, where the realtek still won't recognize the drivers. I've gotton them to install, but still show an exclamation point next to realtek hd audio in the device manager. I've tried the original drivers and the latest. The next step is to reinstall 9926.

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. I'm bookmarking the article along with the thread over there. I'm going to wait out upgrading a few weeks and see if they come up with a proper fix. I reinstalled 9926 on my tablet and the audio worked fine without even installing the drivers.

On a happier note, 10041 is running great (knock on wood) on my old gaming PC.

Thanks again,
Mike

Rob

Reaction score
Got it figured out. I went to the Realtek website and downloaded the audio driver for Windows 8.1. It comes in either 32 bit or 64 bit, depending on your system.
I installed the download, and the problem was fixed.
Only issue that I had is the install screen would not go away. I went into Task manager and just stopped it. No issues and everything is work superior.
Hope this helps everyone!

Reaction score
Hope it works, because now it's forcing me to upgrade to 10041. Although I did that. It installed but still no audio. I'll let ya know.

Ask a Question