SOLVED August 8, 2017—KB4034674 (OS Build 15063.540)

Reaction score
This update includes quality improvements. No new operating system features are being introduced in this update. Key changes include:

• Addressed issue where the policies provisioned using Mobile Device Management (MDM) should take precedence over policies set by provisioning packages.
  • Addressed issue where the Site to Zone Assignment List group policy (GPO) was not set on machines when it was enabled.
  • Addressed issue where the AppLocker rules wizard crashes when selecting accounts.
  • Addressed issue where the primary computer relationship is not determined when you have a disjoint NetBIOS domain name for your DNS Name. This prevents folder redirection and roaming profiles from successfully blocking your profile or redirects folders to a non-primary computer.
  • Addressed issue where an access violation in the Mobile Device Manager Enterprise feature causes stop errors.
  • Security updates to Microsoft Edge, Microsoft Windows Search Component, Microsoft Scripting Engine, Microsoft Windows PDF Library, Windows Hyper-V, Windows Server, Windows kernel-mode drivers, Windows Subsystem for Linux, Windows shell, Common Log File System Driver, Internet Explorer, and the Microsoft JET Database Engine.
If you installed earlier updates, only the new fixes contained in this package will be downloaded and installed on your device.

available from the catalog as well

Regedit32

Reaction score
In 4 or 8 years time, depending on how long USA choose to keep President Trump in power, do you think he'll give a Presidential Pardon for some of these updates? :rolleyes:

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
I'll refrain from any political comment as I'm certain it would offend somebody somewhere and simply say......
Thanks for the heads-up Grizz, downloading it now.
Back to back update Tuesdays so far this month. Can we expect a third?

Reaction score
With Microsoft right hand not knowing what the left hand is doing, who knows. Maybe we get weekly Updates now,just nobody had the guts to tell the public yet.....;);):rolleyes::rolleyes:

Bif

Reaction score
I'm sporting the latest (again)...downloaded fine, no issues to speak of.

Reaction score
Last week was Update Wednesday.

Naahhh, got mine on Tuesday.....

2017-08-08_225326.jpg

Reaction score
Splitting hairs, in a fashion. No problem for me (or wolfie) in Europe it is normally Wednesday. Doesn't bother me, either way. My OS is running fine, when the updates arrive is of no concern. This latest has just finished installing, after an automatic reboot.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Why arer there 2 cumulative updates?, I know it is hard to believe but did MS make a mistake and solve two sets of porblems at once?. :):):):)

Reaction score
HI Dave,

I got two major updates a couple of days apart?, one on the 9th Aug (KB4034674) and the other on the 7th Aug (KB4032188), both cumulative updates. My system is manually checked every two days at least so I can only assume I mised one down the line?. :)

upload_2017-8-10_7-6-45.png

Attachments

• update history.PNG
    update history.PNG
    57 KB · Views: 684
Reaction score
Ah. Ok pal. I think, for some reason One of those (again!) quirks of MS, you missed the '188. That came the week before.

Reaction score
My feeling is they are trying to clean up any hanging threads to get ready for some big release..

I wonder why it is I seem to feel like Pavlov's Dog .. Oh, it is Tuesday, time to get our updates.... ;)

Reaction score
Any ideas on why the KB4034674 udate refuses to complete its installation routine on my Win10Pro (v:1703) system? Windows advises it is available, downlods and starts to install - reboots and then gets to 74% installed, pauses for several minutes and then speeds to 100% where it reports "We were unable to install, etc...." It then unloads the failed update and reboots. Have tried three attemts to update. All failed. Help!

Reaction score
Any ideas on why the KB4034674 udate refuses to complete its installation routine on my Win10Pro (v:1703) system? Windows advises it is available, downlods and starts to install - reboots and then gets to 74% installed, pauses for several minutes and then speeds to 100% where it reports "We were unable to install, etc...." It then unloads the failed update and reboots. Have tried three attemts to update. All failed. Help!
UPDATE on the Update! The darned thing decided to automatically update. This time successfully. Don't you just love Windows!?

Reaction score
I'm sporting the latest (again)...downloaded fine, no issues to speak of.
I did - after installing that update, my computer constantly restarted itself. Finally removed this update and had it blocked. I can't tell, but could it be that the update screwed up my computer because it didn't get the previous update (KB4032188)?

Reaction score
I did - after installing that update, my computer constantly restarted itself. Finally removed this update and had it blocked. I can't tell, but could it be that the update screwed up my computer because it didn't get the previous update (KB4032188)?

Unlikely since the Updates are cumulative,meaning the newest includes the older ones as well. So if you install KB4034674 you are installing KB4032188 as well or what is needed of it....

Ask a Question