automatic updates

Reaction score
I would like Microsoft to tell me WHEN it is going to update my computer. For the second time, I found the screen last night blank except for the "revolving" circle and could not stop it. I take it Microsoft are doing this. I finally turned off this morning by unplugging and even taking the battery out. When I turned on again everything seemed alright but I do not know. I am not technical - I just want my computer to work for me.

Reaction score
Yes. Annoying. I am just living with it. However, I recently got a message saying that there were some updates ready for installing and a time has been reserved for this. I can't remember the detail but it was an offer to allow me to agree the time of the update.

Reaction score
Yes. Annoying. I am just living with it. However, I recently got a message saying that there were some updates ready for installing and a time has been reserved for this. I can't remember the detail but it was an offer to allow me to agree the time of the update.
Thank you I will see if I can get Microsoft to warn me.

Ask a Question