B****Y Microsoft Edge..!!!

Reaction score
Is there any way to stop W10 installing Edge at every opportunity it can? I am just about fed up with it keep popping up and asking for it to be the preferred browser...
I'm happy with my setup as it is, didn't ask for it and I do not want it, I think MS have a cheek imposing it on us as they do.

Also has anyone got any tips for the power set up on my Inspiron 15-7000 2in1. It has a touch screen and I set it up to shut down or hibernate when the lid is closed. W10 seems to ignore this and doesn't do either and I find next time I open it - flat battery!!

Any and all help appreciated.....

Rob

Reaction score
That's 2 questions and deserve separate posts.

Is Edge already installed when you get the message about choosing the default? They are separate functions, most browsers will suggest choosing them as the default and may have a checkbox for Not now or No or perhaps to uncheck for don't bug me about it again.

The best way to avoid the battery problem is to keep the AC adapter plugged in. My Notebooks seem to sleep or turn off when closing the lid but I do need to press the On|Off button to start up, not a big problem. Maybe check the Power Options, maybe the time when it should sleep or hibernate.

Reaction score
"Is Edge already installed "
I believe Edge is installed by default, but not set up.
If you have focus ON, you could try turning it off and see if you still get the popup??.

Ask a Question