I need help about wireless mouses (Microsoft Wireless Mouse 1850)

Reaction score
I bought this mouse 3 days ago and i have a problem in Windows 10. When i leave the mouse idle for at least 6 seconds and after then slide it, the cursor responses after approximately 0.5 seconds. I read on the internet that some people have this issue, even with other mouses, except for Logitech. Is this a software or hardware based problem? I am very confused because this issue doesn't occur on Windows 7, Linux and Android. My brother has Logitech M220 and he doesn't have this problem on Windows 10 either, i really need to know if this is normal because if it is, i'll refund the mouse and buy a wired mouse instead.

Reaction score
But what is the make/model of the mouse you are having trouble with? You mentioned getting a wired mouse so the presumption your present one is using a USB Wireless dongle. You may need to check the Power Options for your USB ports. I use wired on my desktops, actually 1 mouse 1 keyboard and 1 monitor on a KVM switch with 4 computers, not a big problem. I use mostly Bluetooth mice on those Notebooks that have it and support it, saves a USB port for other use. I really can't think of anything I can do in 0.5 second, nor a lot in 1.0 second.

Reaction score
It's Microsoft Wireless Mouse 1850 7MM-0002 black model. I turned off "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" option for all usb hubs in Device Manager, but nothing changes. I tried this mouse on my brothers laptop which has Windows 10, but the same lag appears, yet this proves that this is not a PC hardware issue. I think there is an incompatibility between the mouses software and Windows 10 because i said above that this problem doesn't occur on Windows 7 and Android. I even copied Windows 7's mouse drivers to Windows 10 (c:\windows\system32\drivers) and runned my PC on "Disable driver signature enforcement" mode, but it didn't solve either. I don't know what to do with this mouse, i'll probably refund it tomorrow.

Reaction score
If it doesn't work on other computers then I'd return it also. Another choice is to keep it with a computer known to work with it. Windows has built-in support for mice and keyboards but there may be software needed from the device manufacturer that hasn't yet been submitted to Microsoft to include in their downloads.

Reaction score
They work on other computers, well the mouse works perfectly. The only problem is what kind of device ever you use, if it runs Windows 10 or Windows 8.x, this issue occurs. The issue is when you leave the mouse still (or idle) for at least 6 seconds and then move it, the cursor lags for under 0.5 seconds. I am uploading a video to clarify the problem. This problem doesn't occur on Android/Linux and Windows 7, i don't know about Mac.

Ask a Question