Backing up and an Apps question.

BML

Reaction score
I have two questions:
1. Backing up. The news is full of the Ransomware affair with advice being given that one should have a backup as protection but I don't even know how to find if I have one let alone how to set one up if I don't.

2. If I drag an Email from Thunderbird from the application onto the desktop it turns into a Picasa with no relationship to the Email.
I was told the following but I can't make it work. "Go to all settings, Apps, default apps, scroll all the way down till you see "set default apps" and click on it. This will bring up your default programs list. In the left pain, find Picasa and check it default settings (set them either to all or just the ones your want)."

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
Picasa is no longer being supported by Google and has been replaced with Google Photos. So the first thing I would do is: 1, backup all your photos to an external source or to a clouds service. 2, I would uninstall Picasa and install Google photos. Use the desktop uploader for PC.

As far as your email thing goes....I don't know why one would want to drag/drop and email to desktop or into/onto anything else. Why are you dragging an email into Picasa? Is there a picture you want to save?

BML

Reaction score
"Picasa no longer supported by Google, been replaced with Google Photos. So backup all your photos to an external source or to a clouds service. Uninstall Picasa and install Google photos. Use the desktop uploader for PC." Many thanks for that which due to my lack of technical confidence I will ask my computer person to handle.
I think that I dragged the Email onto the desktop because I wanted to use it in some correspondence I was working on but since then I found that the same thing happened when I dragged a Word file onto the Desktop. It looks as though my computer person is going to earn another hour or so what with me asking her to check my Backing up.

Ask a Question