Basic Programming

Reaction score
Hello Good People of the Forums.
It has been a very long time since I've been in touch, and I hope you are all well and prosperous. My problem has to do with the criminals at Microsoft. For years I have been using (since it was Q Basic) simple Basic for writing simple programs for my own amusement. Since Windows10 has arrived on the scene (Not by my choice. It came loaded on this computer) it will no longer allow me to access the program I used or the files I have already produced. (typical Microsoft. Unless they can scam you out of a buck they will simply block access to any previously produced files). I particularly liked using this simple basic programming app because it does not require ellipses, brackets, Sanskrit hieroglyphics, OOPS, or other such garbage to produce a program. I'm an old dinosaur (77) and I don't own, nor will ever own, a cell phone, smart? phone, tablet, etc. so I won't be attempting to write any apps that are compatible with these new and outrageously expensive toys. I have more important things to spend my pension dollars on (food, lodging, and other such frivolities) or on someone to teach me how to use these items.(I have viewed at least a dozen "how to" instructions on You Tube and elsewhere about how to use Python and other programming apps and they all speak jargon). I'm quite content to plod along with the system I've been using for years. If anyone can suggest an app that will write code in simple North American English, or if anyone knows how I can retrieve my Liberty Basic app, I would appreciate it. Sorry to vent like this but dealing with MS in any form shortens my already limited lifespan.

Ask a Question