Basic, Specific Questions For Ms Newbie

Reaction score
Hello,
First I should say this is my first MS Windows experience.( I'm a long time Mac user but my regular laptop is out of service so I bought a 300euro HP laptop with Windows 10 (pro) . I don't like the system and lack of user friendliness/intuitiveness that I'm used to.)

Anyway, I bought this thing for creative writing (I have installed OpenOffice without much trouble), music and photo file management .
PHOTOS - I have uploaded some photos from my phone's SD card, but then realised all the photos on the card had been deleted. Where is the setting to prevent this in future?
MUSIC - I inserted the SD card as previously, hoping to simply drag and drop the music into this monstrosity called Groove. I have looked for other music software and maybe I'll get aTunes or similar. Is the drag and drop functionality possible on this type of computer?
TRACKPAD - This thing has a trackpad with two buttons below. It's too sensitive and I want to deselect the single tap option for the tackpad. Is this possible? Also, is it possible to reverse the direction of the scrolling on the trackpad?
cheers for any help available.
mike

Last edited:
Reaction score
As for the photos. Are you sure you didn't 'move' the photos rather than 'copy' them.
You can download itunes for Windows. Works well enough. ( My wife uses it I don't)
Trackpad. For my laptop, which has a trackpad, I just bought a Logitec Bluetooth mouse. ( my Lenovo has built in Bluetooth) problem solved as I have hated trackpads since I first used one in 1999.

Reaction score
As for the photos. Are you sure you didn't 'move' the photos rather than 'copy' them.
You can download itunes for Windows. Works well enough. ( My wife uses it I don't)
Trackpad. For my laptop, which has a trackpad, I just bought a Logitec Bluetooth mouse. ( my Lenovo has built in Bluetooth) problem solved as I have hated trackpads since I first used one in 1999.
The photos appear to be in the photos app on the desktop, but they've disappeared from the SD card in the phone.
I prefer the trackpad as I don't use the laptop at a desk, usually on the couch, in an easy chair etc. It's mobile.

Reaction score
Hello,
First I should say this is my first MS Windows experience.( I'm a long time Mac user but my regular laptop is out of service so I bought a 300euro HP laptop with Windows 10 (pro) . I don't like the system and lack of user friendliness/intuitiveness that I'm used to.)

Anyway, I bought this thing for .........
mike
I used to be on a Mac and agree it is more user friendly/intuitive, but with version 10 I think Windows now has the same degree of functionality as the Mac (except it doesn't have so much drag-and-drop), and it is not so intuitive. Apple could now be feeling Windows creeping up close behind. Intuitiveness is another matter: Apple wins still here (in my opinion). However, the big drop in reliability that many people (including me) are finding in Windows10 post Anniversary Upgrade compared to 7 is, I think, a serious matter MS needs to solve, and soon.

Ask a Question