Battery trouble with windows 10

Reaction score
I have recently updated my 2 year old laptop to windows 10 from windows 7. It works great with upgraded 8GB ram. The only issue I face is with the laptop battery. I connect laptop adapter to my staticon inverter always to charge the laptop due to unavailability of power socket at my work place. I was always doing the same and no issues were there when windows 7 was being used. Now after the upgrade to windows 10 the battery is not charging when connected to the inverter. When I tried connecting to a direct power source, it charges as usual and no issues were shown. I don't have a power socket available for connecting laptop alone permanently, which is why I have connected it to the inverter. I have no clue why this issue came up now. Is it some kind of windows 10 bug? Can someone help me to solve this issue? Thanks in advance.

Reaction score
let me get this right. You have a regular laptop with the usual power brick that takes AC current from a regular wall socket and produces a low voltage supply that charges and/or runs the laptop. This all works.

You plug the power brick into your inverter and it does not charge the laptop battery. I suggest that the inverter is not producing the appropriate power one way or another. Assuming it is working at all most likely it is letting its output voltage ( 110 or 240) drop below 100 when it is on load from the brick. Possibly but less likely its output frequency is outside the 50-60 Hz range which should cause problems for the brick...
Either way the brick could turn itself off and not charge the laptop.

I bet nothing to do with Windows 10.

Reaction score
Thank you for the reply. But the issue wasn't there with windows 7. Charging worked well from inverter and direct power supply then. I guess OS has nothing to do with output voltage or frequency.(Please correct me if I am wrong.) I will try with a friends laptop to identify where the issue lies.

Reaction score
Even if W10 is draining the laptop battery faster than W10...is it doing so? I would expect the brick to pull a little more power but not a lot...the brick should have internal circuitry to protect itself. And that could be what is happening...borrowing another powersupply brick that matches your laptop might show what is wrong.

Ask a Question