SOLVED Beating the AMD Radeon 6310 HD horse...

Bif

Reaction score
I know... I've inquired about this once already, but as time has passed with all the lovely MS offerings that we've all received my AMD driver has been acting up while watching YouTube on ALL browsers and with "hardware acceleration" turned off.
I've done everything I've read about on here as well as going so far as to use the AMD Uninstall Utility to remove all nasty remnants of old drivers and possibly corrupted files and then let MS Updates download a fresh driver but problems still exist... mainly being unable to view any video in full screen mode while in HD.
Apparently I'm not alone with these experiences going from what I've read, and the kicker is that the newest offering from AMD ( site) is not compatible with my video card.
I'm feeling that this is only going to get worse as my laptop ages...the video playback problem isn't horrible but ain't the way it should be iether, even watching full screen in 480 studders like mad.
I'm on my tablet right now so can't post my driver details and version..but it is the " best driver for my machine" according to the Microsoft gods..
I do have the original HP driver for my laptop but as soon as I install it, BIG BROTHER forces an update to a newer one..
Any ideas?... anyone?

Cheers in advance:)

Regedit32

Reaction score
What model laptop is it you are having this issue with?

Also, in the world of wishes and wants, should you get a driver that functions, would you want the option for Hardware Acceleration, or is that not important to you?

Bif

Reaction score
What model laptop is it you are having this issue with?

Also, in the world of wishes and wants, should you get a driver that functions, would you want the option for Hardware Acceleration, or is that not important to you?
HP Pavilion 2000-239WM 15.6",HDD 320 GB,AMD 1.5 GHz, 4 GB RAM,ATI HD RADEON

I'm not a gamer or do anything graphics intensive,just would like to be able to watch a HD video on YouTube in full screen for more than two seconds before it does the funky chicken..
Not sure if that answer addresses the hardware acceleration question...

Last edited by a moderator:

Regedit32

Reaction score
That model has had a recall on certain batteries in 2016 and now also in 2017. You may want to check yours is not in their list of recalls. https://support.hp.com/us-en/produc...ries/5091493/model/5119030/document/c05166036

Given support appears to have stopped you may be able to use the Recovery partition to reinstall the original drivers for your ATI AMD Radeon HD card.

To prevent Microsoft updating it and this the Catalyst center too I imagine, I'd use the wushowhide application Microsoft provided a while back, which can be downloaded from:

http://download.microsoft.com/download/f/2/2/f22d5fdb-59cd-4275-8c95-1be17bf70b21/wushowhide.diagcab

Once downloaded, rather than run Windows Update via Start > Settings > Updates & security, run the wushowhide file first. Select the option to Hide updates, then in list of possible updates, check any updates related to your graphic display, and click Next.

You mentioned you still had the original driver, so via Device Manager, you could right-click the Display adapter, select update driver, then tell it you have the file and select that if you are unsure how to use the Recovery partitions copy of this file.

Bif

Reaction score
Thanks so much @Regedit32 for the assistance!..I do have all the original drivers on USB, but never had any luck being able to keep MS from updating the graphics driver until now..
I missed the memo on wushowhide I guess, but will DEFINITELY be implementing it! Hopefully the old original driver will solve this issue once and for all.

Oh..and all good on the battery front!

Much thanks again!

Ask a Question