BItlocker

Reaction score
Hello everybody, I'm Hasan. I'm facing a problem with my bitlocker encryption. One of my drive (E) was protected via bitlocker. I stored both the password and recovery key into another drive. Yesterday I installed windows 10 (in C drive) again for a fresh start, but the drive was locked then. I didn't think that there could be a problem with that. But after installing windows 10, I cannot unlock my drive. It doesn't accept the password or the recovery key. Even the identifier for the recovery key matches. I don't even understand if it is related to windows update or something. I searched a lot in youtube and googled it several times, but couldn't find any solution. I'm considering reinstalling windows, but don't know if that's gonna change anything. So, finally I'm here.

I need help. Can somebody tell me how can I unlock my drive without losing my data..??

Last edited:

Regedit32

Reaction score
Hi Hasan,

Welcome to the Forum.

You say you locked your E drive with Bitlocker, but installed Windows 10 on your C partition. If that is the case the only password you ought to require there is your Microsoft Account password that its most likely linked to.

Ask a Question