Black box in my search bar

Reaction score
Hello, there is weird black but kinda transparent box in my search bar. Does anyone know what this is? If so please tell me.

Thank You!

Reaction score
You mean this Search bar?
1605999650766.png

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
It says that the file uploaded is too large
Use the snipping tool, either the old style or the new app and crop the section you want us to see like the 2 posts above this one.

I don't see one in my windows search bar. I also have mine set to just show the icon. You can do that by right clicking the taskbar, move your mouse to search, let it hover there, then chose 1 of the 3 options.

Reaction score
Also, take a look in settings and switch off the transparency effects setting!. ;)

1606063380908.png

Reaction score
What theme are you using?, mine is working fine!. Did you disable transparency?. ;)

1606228761071.png

Reaction score
I see the black box and I also see a "g" there. Does that "g" always show as well? I don't have either of those in my search box. Just the magnifying/search symbol, what ever that icon is called.

I'm wondering if you have some sort of malware on your system.
The "g" is because im from denmark and the danish word for search is søg

Reaction score
It is probably associated with your mouse and/or touch pad devices.

Select settings and then "Devices"
Click on Mouse and Keyboard and Pen, and , if it is available, Touchpad.
Here it may depend on you particular computer, but:
It should show some information and name of the type of touch pad, etc, your computer has.
Click on settings and in the next box you should see a tab that says "Tapping".
Open that tab and , where it says "Three Finger Tap" and "Four Finger Tap". - Uncheck them all and "Apply"
Alternatively, if iot is how your computer is setup, in devices go straight to the "Touchpad" and follow the above.

You may have to experiment with the paths a litle, as they can vary.

Ask a Question